GENERAL MEETINGS | GENERAL MEETING RULES
Twice a year, the Federation of Students holds a meeting to provide public oversight and give stakeholders a chance to make decisions about the direction of the organization. The first General Meeting occurs during October and the second General Meeting occurs in March. All full-time undergraduate students have the right to participate and vote at a general meeting.
What You Need To Know About Feds General Meetings
Here’s your guide to all you need to know about the meetings before you come.
Fall 2016 General Meeting
The 2016 Federation of Students Fall Annual General Meeting will be held in the Student Life Centre (SLC) Great Hall on October 27 at 5:00 p.m. To watch the meeting online, check out the livestream link: live.feds.ca.
If you are unable to attend the meeting you can complete a proxy form and submit a vote.
Are you unable to attend the General Meeting? By filling out the Proxy Form you're able to pass along your vote to someone else and ensure you contribute to the results.
The proxy form must be filled out correctly and legibly to be accepted. It can be handed in to the Feds front desk or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit your proxy form is and are due by October 26 at 4:00 p.m. as set by the Board of Directors.
Proxy Form Download
General Meeting Agendas
Supporting Documentation: Proposed Amended Bylaws PDF
Past Meeting Agendas
If you would like to watch past General Meetings, you can stream them on the Feds Livestream.
The Meeting minutes for previous terms can be downloaded:
- March 2016 General Meeting Transcript (Draft) Pt. 2
- March 2016 General Meeting Transcript (Draft) Pt. 1
- March 2016 General Meeting Procedural Summary
- October 2015 Procedural Summary
- October 2015 General Meeting Minutes
- March 2015 General Meeting Minutes
- March 2014 General Meeting Minutes
- October 2013 General Meeting Minutes
- July 2013 General Meeting Minutes
- March 2013 (Continuation) General Meeting Minutes
- March 2013 General Meeting Minutes
Fall General Meeting
The Fall General Meeting of the Federation of Students is the official annual general meeting of the corporation. During this meeting, a number of important decisions are brought forward to students and it provides a chance to scrutinize and better understand concepts such as spending and bylaws. Specific items presented at this meeting include the:
- Review and approval of audited financial statements.
- Approval of changes to bylaws of the corporations.
- Major motions, such as the approval of honorary memberships, are discussed.
The Federation of Students held its last Annual General Meeting (AGM) on October 25, 2015 at noon in the SLC Great Hall.