The Federation of Students
Since 1967, the Federation of Students (Feds) has existed as the official voice of undergraduate students of the University of Waterloo.
In that capacity, Feds undertakes activities both on and off campus to serve, empower and represent students. Feds operates seven commercial services, six student-run services, encompasses more than 200 clubs, supports student societies, and oversees Orientation Week, Welcome Week and a number of other special events held on campus.
Annually, Feds partners with organizations for community events including the Canada Day Celebrations at Columbia Lake Fields. Feds lobbies the government on behalf of undergraduates and ensures positive relationships between students and the municipality. Feds’ day-to-day operations are run by an elected executive team composed of a President and three Vice Presidents: VP Operations and Finance, VP Internal, and VP Education. They, in turn, are held accountable by an elected Board of Directors, and a Students' Council comprised of representatives from each Faculty and College at the University of Waterloo.
To serve, empower and represent the undergraduate students of the University of Waterloo.
To support a united and empowered undergraduate community where students pursue both learning and personal fulfillment, and provide a campus with diverse and numerable opportunities for pleasurable and meaningful life experiences.
- We respect that students are the stakeholders of the Federation of Students and the primary reason for our existence.
- We enhance the quality of life for students by promoting a safe, secure and environmentally conscious campus.
- We strive for innovation and continuous improvement in all that we do to increase the level of service offered to students.
- We seek to maintain a fair and reasonable academic environment conducive to student discussion on all issues.
- We strive for unity in our campus community by promoting diversity and equity in all aspects of campus life.
- We demonstrate an accountable Feds through transparency, communication and responsiveness to ensure sound financial management.
- We work with students to help them discover their potential, determine future goals, and allow for personal reflection.