STUDENTS' COUNCIL | STUDENT COUNCILLORS
The purpose of the Students' Council is to uphold the goals of the Federation of Students under its Charter and its bylaws, and to establish policies of the Corporation.
The Students' Council of the Corporation shall be composed of the President; Vice-President, Operations and Finance; Vice-President, Education; and Vice-President, Internal; all ex-officio and a number of elected members, all of whom shall have voting rights.
In addition, the following members of the Students' Council shall be members of the Students' Council without voting rights:
- Presidents of Societies which are recognized as Constituency, Federated and Affiliated College or University Councils or their representatives, unless elected members;
- President of the University or his/her representative;
- Chairpersons of Committees of Council who are not members of Council;
- Federation of Students Commissioners
- Federation of Students Services Coordinators
- Past Presidents of the Corporation, unless an elected member; and
- Such employees as determined by the Board of Directors.
Speaker of Council
- Alexander Wray: email@example.com
- Sacha Forstner: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tomson Tran: email@example.com
- Natasha Crasto: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Antonio Brieva: email@example.com
- Alexa V. Fuentez: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jeremy Spira: email@example.com
- Antonio Clarke: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adrian Machado: email@example.com
- Denton Liu: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spencer Dobrik: email@example.com
- Midori Armstrong: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alex Liu: email@example.com
- Ilia Sucholutsky: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mistry Harsh: email@example.com
- Quentin Cheung: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tristan Potter: email@example.com
- Patrick Melanson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aryeh Fortinsky: email@example.com
- Charles Teasdale: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marcus Abramovitch: email@example.com
- Razan Qaoud: firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Jerome's Councillors
*There are no representatives at the time for Cambridge.
Terms of Membership
A majority of members of Students' Council are elected to, and take office at the same time as our President and Vice-Presidents (which is May 1 of each year). Where a constituency has a number of students registered in the co-op stream that is greater than the number of students registered in the regular stream, half of the seats in the constituency (rounding down) are held over for election in the Spring term, before May 30th.
Students' Council elections shall be held in conjunction with the election for the President; Vice-President, Operations and Finance; Vice-President, Education; and Vice-President, Internal; of the Corporation, in accordance with the appropriate bylaws, procedures and policies of the Corporation.
In the event that a position on Students' Council is or becomes vacant before November 1, a byelection may be held in the constituency to which the vacancy relates.
If you are interested in applying for a vacant position to council please read the Council Package for general information.