Arts Student Union (ASU)
Applied Health Sciences Undergraduate Members (AHSUM) | Accounting & Finance Student Association (AFSA)* | Arts Student Union (ASU) | Engineering Society (EngSoc) | Environment Students Society (ESS) | Mathematics Society (MathSoc) | Science Society (SciSoc) | Society of Pharmacy Students (SOPHS) | Waterloo Architecture Student Association (WASA)
* The Accounting & Finance Student Association is affiliated with the Arts Student Union
All undergraduate students registered in the Faculty of Arts at the University of Waterloo are automatically members of the Arts Student Union (ASU), provided the ASU fee is paid, and has not been reclaimed.
Students who are not in the Faculty of Arts at the University of Waterloo, but are from other University of Waterloo faculties, may become a member by visiting the Arts Student Union office (located AL 120), and paying the Arts Student Union Fee.
The purposes and objectives of the ASU are:
- To be the official representative body of all undergraduate Arts students.
- To secure and promote the interests of all members of the ASU.
- To ensure all clubs and organizations under the ASU act in the most effective and efficient manner to the interest of their constituencies.
- To establish and promote unity and communication among all students, clubs, organizations, and departments within the Faculty.
- To sponsor, coordinate and execute social, educational, cultural, athletic and academic endeavours for all members of the ASU.
- To represent its members and express their interests on those governing bodies and other organizations within the University that are deemed relevant to the ASU.
- Accounting Students Association
- Anthropology Student Society
- Classical Medieval Studies Society
- Economics Society
- English Society
- Film Society
- French Society
- German & Slavic Society
- History Society
- Independent Studies Society
- Legal Studies Society
- Liberal Studies Society
- Music Society
- Peace and Conflict Studies Society
- Philosophy Society
- Political Science Student Association
- Psych Society
- Religious Studies Society
- Sexuality, Marriage, and Family Studies Society
- Social Development Society
- Society of Fine Artists (SOFA)
- Sociology Society
- Spanish Society
- Speech Communications Society
- Theatre Students Union (TSU)
- Women's Studies Society