Clubs Support Team Winter 2017
Job Title: Club Support Team Coordinator, at least 6 positions available
Contact Person Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
References Required: No
Numbers of References Requested: 0
The Federation of Students (Feds) is seeking a team of motivated students who are passionate about peer-to-peer support and getting involved with our more than 250 clubs. The Clubs Support Team mandate is to serve, empower, and represent the Feds’ clubs. The goal is to assist clubs carry out both their club purpose, as well as their current club goals.
All Club Support Team Coordinators are accountable to each other, the Clubs Manager, Campus Life Department, and the Feds to ensure optimal service and support is provided to all clubs.
Nature and Scope
To create and empower a team of University of Waterloo (UW) students to assist and support Feds clubs. Not only will this provide a professional development opportunity for a number of students, but this team will also increase the ability of the Feds to reach out to clubs by connecting with them with a more accessible support structure.
The team is expected to operate as an autonomous cohesive unit as much as possible, responsible for the self-delegation of tasks through consensus, and the management of each task progress ensuring completion is within deadlines. Occasionally tasks may be assigned directly by the Clubs Manager or delegate though. The team is also expected to maintain an open channel of communication and feedback with the Clubs Manager and Campus Life Department.
The position overall is designed to:
- Increase assistance for clubs through peer-to-peer mentorship and support;
- Enhance the sense of community between clubs; and
- Assist the Clubs Manager in administering the clubs system.
Average Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per week
All coordinators will be responsible for the duties as follows:
- Act as a strong leader and positive role model for Clubs, the Feds, and the UW
- Uphold the principles, mission and policies of the Feds and the UW
- Be the voice for clubs
- Build a rapport with as many clubs as possible
- Represent all clubs at Clubs Support Meetings (1 hour weekly)
- Attend club events when possible
- Build a sense of community between clubs
- Inform clubs of upcoming club events, training sessions, and opportunities
- Offering potential collaboration/partnership suggestions to clubs for their events or activities
- Special event planning and logistical support
- Organize and implement Clubs and Societies Days
- (If possible) organizing and implementing other club community events if desired
- Maintain the Clubs Community Center, clubs resource room, and clubs locker room areas
- Assist with the set up and take down of events as required
- Clubs Service
- Become knowledgeable about club policies, procedures, and resources
- Raise awareness of the resources clubs have at their disposal (i.e. Marketing, IT, Accounting, Bookings, club Rooms)
- Hold at least 5 office hours per week during the scheduled Clubs Support Team Office Hours (10am-4pm, Monday-Friday)
- Respond to all club questions via email or in person
- General administrative duties
- Other duties as assigned by the Clubs Manager or Feds personnel
- Ability to work as a contributing member of a team
- Previous knowledge of Feds clubs policies and procedures and/or involvement in a club is an asset, but is not required
- Customer service experience is an asset, but not required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Willingness to take initiative, participate in team meetings, and promote club events
- Must be a full-time student (including co-op) for the duration of the position
- Complete any training as required by the Clubs Manager and the Feds
Coordinator Position Details
If preferred, specific coordinator roles may be created within the team (i.e. Resource Coordinator, Community Coordinator, etc.), through the assignment of specific duties from above or similar. This is at the consensus of the Team or through assignment by the Clubs Manager.
- Position Training (Date flexible, before end of December preferred) Weekly Meetings (starting the week of first lectures)
- Clubs and Society Days (Thursday January 19th and Friday January 20th 2017)
Note: You must be available to assist with set-up, execution, and tear-down, but will not have to be at the event all day Thursday and Friday
- Volunteer Extravaganza (Date TBD, Mid-March)
- Club Coordinator Volunteer Appreciation (Date TBD, Mid-March)
Visit LEADS for more information and to apply.